“How can I become more involved and make a difference in our community?”
If this is a question you often ask, then this is the club for you!
Community Outreach is a new Interest Group of the TAMU Women’s Club.
- Circle of Women & Bryan/College Station Habitat for Humanity – Sign up for the Women’s Building Workshop, tentatively Sept. 17th, to learn how to use basic and powered building tools. We plan to form building crews to work together to build a house for a family chosen by the Circle of Women Group.
- Social Justice Group – Join like-minded women to learn about social justice and discuss injustices happening locally. This group will pick a topic of focus for the year, create an action plan, and gather resources (skills, talents, time, brochures, etc.) to effectively make a difference in our area.
- Health and Wellness Workshops – You will be trained by the TAMU Evidenced-Based Programs team to lead community health and wellness workshops on topics such as Healthy Aging, Diabetes Self-Management, Stress Busting for Family Caregivers, Chronic Pain Self-Management, Fit and Strong and more!
- Meals on Wheels – Team up with other members and deliver hot meals to elderly who would otherwise not receive. Small children are welcomed in your team to brighten up the lives of the elderly!
- Brazos Valley Food Bank – This groups strives to alleviate hunger in the Brazos Valley. Join our group and Sort Donations, Create Family Boxes, Conduct a Food Drive. Children, as young as elementary school may join.
Volunteer in one of our groups or volunteer as an individual on your own time.